Sunday 22 April 2012

Melissa Etheridge Quilt

I wanted to thank my wonderful massage therapist, Geneviève Nolet, who has helped me discover my creative spirit. So, when I found out her dream was to have her Melissa Etheridge concert tees made into a quilt I just had to do it. I was planing on making her a quilt anyway so now it's extra special! I thought I'd share some pictures with everyone. I don't have a real pattern and just went crazy with the colours.

I won't do a tute or anything since I'm kind of a scatter brain but I'll let you know some things I did. I'm sure some of these will be obvious but here goes:

1. Use your seam ripper to undo seams so you can use the other parts of the t-shirt.
2. Figure out which shirt has the biggest design on it that you want to have in your quilt. This is only if you are planning on have same sized squares.
3. Some shirts have the sleeves starting closer in than others. If you look below at the brown shirt I had to put two strips of material on either side to make it coincide with the other squares.
4, It's a t-shirt quilt, it's not supposed to be classy. Have fun!



Please don't mind the mess in the background. I'm doing a bunch on projects at once from my one bedroom apartment.




 Wishing you a creative and inspirational Sunday!

Let me know if you have any questions.

I thought I'd add a link to my massage therapist's blog, if you're interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment